Our Family to Yours
Spectacular Spuds Stimulate Taste Buds
Tasty Baked Fingerling Potatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds Rocky Mountain or Nature's Peak Gourmet Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt or garlic salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss potatoes with oil and salt in medium bowl. Spread potatoes in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring several times or until lightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces. Makes 4 servings. Strohauer Farms exclusive recipe.
Sweet & Spicy Fingerlings
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. package of Rocky Mountain Gourmet or Nature's Peak fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 Strohauer Farms' shallot, diced
- 1 Mirasol Chili Pepper (from Pope Farms, grown in Wiggins, CO), diced (can also use Chipotle Chili)
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1/2 tbs. L.R. Rice's Raw & Unfiltered Local Colorado Honey
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco
- 1 1/2 tsp. Plantation's Organic Blackstrap Molasses, Unsulphured
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup Stevia
- 1/2 tsp. ceylon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened cherries
- parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- organic, first cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
For Candied Pecans ~
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Mix stevia, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. of salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk 1 egg white and 1 tbs. of water until frothy. Toss pecans in the egg white mixture. Pour stevia mixture into egg white mixture until pecans are evenly coated. Spread coated pecans on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until evenly browned. Once cooled, chop pecan halves into small pieces.
For Vinaigrette ~
Combine chili pepper, garlic, shallot, 1/2 cup olive oil, honey, lime juice, red wine vinegar, molasses and Tabasco in a blender.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread fingerlings on a baking sheet and cook for 30-45 minutes until tender. Once cooled, cut fingerlings into 2" discs. In a large sauté pan, add 1 tbs. olive oil and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes or until edges have color. Add your desired amount of vinaigrette along with cherries, candied pecans and parsley. Serve and enjoy! Recipe adapted from Southwind Farms
These fingerling potatoes are a great dish to prepare in advance for family gatherings or events because they stay well in a crockpot for multiple hours.
Nutrition: 307 calories per serving (8 servings total). Protein: 3g, Fat: 21g, Carbs: 29g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 6g
Warm Fingerling Potato Salad
- 1 pound Rocky Mountain Gourmet or Nature's Peak Fingerling Potatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 Rocky Mountain Pure shallot, chopped
- 2 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted and halved
For Potatoes: place potatoes in 1-1/2 quart microwave-safe casserole dish. Top with green beans. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt. Cover and cook on high for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Drain mixture.
For Vinaigrette: in screw-top container, combine remaining ingredients except olives. Cover and shake well.
In a bowl, combine potatoes mixture, vinaigrette and olives; toss gently to coat. Transfer salad to serving bowl. Serve immediately or chill and serve. Makes 4 servings. Strohauer Farms exclusive recipe.
Parmesan-Crusted Petite Gourmets
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 8 Rocky Mountain Gourmet or Nature's Peak Fingerling Potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 tbs. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour oil into 15 x 10-inch baking pan, tilting to coat bottom with oil. Heat in oven 5 minutes. Arrange potatoes, cut side down in hot pan. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
In bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Turn potatoes over; spoon 1 tbs. cheese mixture onto each potato half. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and potatoes are tender. Makes 4 servings. Strohauer Farms exclusive recipe.
Oven Roasted Gourmet Potatoes
- 1-1/3 pounds Rocky Mountain or Nature's Peak Gourmet Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cut potatoes into 1-1/2 inch cubes. Add remaining ingredients, except bell pepper, onto baking sheet with sides; mix to blend. Add potatoes and bell pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange in single layer. Bake 30-35 minutes until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, tossing 2-3 times during baking. Makes 4 servings. Strohauer Farms exclusive recipe.
Purple Majesty French Fries
- 2 pounds Rocky Mountain Gourmet Purple Majesty Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Red chile, ground (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice unpeeled potatoes into 1/4-inch lengthwise strips. Soak potato strips in ice water for about 45 minutes. Drain and dry well.
Toss potatoes with olive oil; salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with ground red chile pepper prior to baking, if desired. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Turn strips and bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden. Makes 4 servings. Strohauer Farms exclusive recipe.
Zesty Chicken with Purple Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds Rocky Mountain Gourmet Purple Majesty Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk, warmed
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp. Cajun blackening spice
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 roasted red peppers, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp. green onion, chopped
For Potatoes: place potatoes in saucepan; add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well; mash with a potato masher. Add milk and season to taste.
For Chicken: while potatoes are cooking, season chicken breasts with Cajun spice, salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown chicken on both sides. Add red pepper, tomatoes, basil and green onion to skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until chicken breasts are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Spoon a quarter of the mashed potatoes on each plate, place a chicken breast on top and spoon vegetables over top. Makes 4 servings. Strohauer Farms exclusive recipe.
- 8 Rocky Mountain or Nature's Peak Gourmet French Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 tbs. prepared basil pesto
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Quarter potatoes; toss with pesto and garlic to coat. Place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake 15-25 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Makes 4 servings. Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Potato Board.
Tempting Potato Salad
- 1 pound Rocky Mountain or Nature's Peak Gourmet Banana Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 pound Rocky Mountain or Nature's Peak Gourmet French Fingerling Potatoes
- 12 ounces Rocky Mountain Gourmet Purple Majesty Potatoes
- 3 tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces ham, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbs. sherry or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Cut potatoes into 1-1/2 inch pieces (do not peel). Steam for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Heat 1 tbs. oil in medium skillet. Add ham, walnuts and garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes. Add sherry and stir well. In large bowl, toss ham mixture with potatoes, additional 2 tbs. of oil, bell pepper, green onions, salt and pepper. Serve warm or cold. Makes 8 servings. Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Potato Board.
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 5 pounds Rocky Mountain Gourmet Potatoes, unpeeled and diced to 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 7 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tbs. seasoning salt
- crispy bacon, crumbled
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onions, minced
Add potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken stock and seasoning to slow cooker. Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 10 hours. Once cooked, remove 1/3 of the soup from the slow cooker and add cream cheese, stirring until completely melted. Combine cream cheese mixture with remaining soup in the crock pot. Top with your choice of garnishes & serve! Strohauer Farms exclusive recipe.
Bacon Fingerling Potato Salad
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes (your choice of banana, red thumb, rose finn, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes or until tip of knife pierces potato easily. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Then add garlic and red onion. Sauté for an additional 3 minutes until bacon is crisp. In a large bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in bacon, garlic and onions, including the bacon drippings. Add roasted potatoes, toss gently and serve immediately. Makes 4-6 servings. Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Potato Board.
Mediterranean Sun-Kissed Savory Salad
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- 3 lbs. red potatoes or potato type of your choice (try russet, yukon, fingerling or purple)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 cups spinach or lettuce of your choice
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
Place potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Or place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl and cover. Microwave on HIGH for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Refrigerate until cool. Cut potatoes into quarters. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach/lettuce. Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper; mix well and add to salad mix. Serve and enjoy! Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Potato Board.
Nutrition: 214 calories. Protein: 6g, Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 32g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2g
Gluten-Free Potato Lasagna
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs. thinly sliced Yukon Gold potatoes, divided
- 2 links Italian turkey sausage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups gluten-free marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Remove sausage from casing and crumble into a medium skillet with onion. Cook for 10 minutes or until browned, breaking up sausage with the back of a spoon. Stir together ricotta, basil, garlic powder and egg white in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the dish, forming a solid layer with no gaps. Drop 1/2 the ricotta mixture in spoonfuls over the top and spread out just a little. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella and 1/2 the sausage mixture. Add 1/2 cup more sauce then repeat potato, cheese and meat layers. Top with the last layer of potatoes, remaining sauce and mozzarella. Cover with plastic wrap and make a small slit to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve and enjoy! Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Potato Board.
Nutrition: 300 calories. Protein: 18g, Fat: 11g, Carbs: 27g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 7g
Golden Baked Russet Fries
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 6 russet potatoes or potato type of your choice (try red, yellow, white or fingerlings)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, picked from stems
- 5 tbs. olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe covered dish. Microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes. Let cool. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 even wedges. In a large mixing bowl toss the potatoes with garlic cloves, olive oil and thyme, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes and garlic in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until the potatoes are crisp, rotate and cook an additional 10 minutes until dark golden brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate and serve. Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Potato Board.
Nutrition: 160 calories. Protein: 2.5g, Fat: 9g, Carbs: 20g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g
Fresh Rosemary Baked Russet Fries
Follow original directions, but omit thyme and garlic. Replace with 4 tbs. chopped fresh rosemary and reduce olive oil to 2 tbs.
Nutrition: 112 calories. Protein: 2.5g, Fat: 3.5g, Carbs: 20g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g
Steakhouse Baked BBQ Russet Fries
Omit thyme, garlic cloves and olive oil. Stir together salt, pepper, 2 tsp. garlic powder and 2 tsp. onion powder in a small bowl. Brush potato wedges with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, then sprinkle seasonings over potatoes before baking.
Nutrition: 114 calories. Protein: 2.5g, Fat: 0.1g, Carbs: 27g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g